I have been holding off posting an update on the garage extension. There have been so many little things happening out there that I have been waiting to sum them all up together. It is Friday afternoon and the work is finished for the week.
Since my last update:
- the ceiling has been drywalled and mudded
- the walls and ceiling are now painted
- the electrical is complete and approved – (There are so many spot lights and fluorescent lighting strips that you could perform dental surgery in there.)
- The floor was given two base coats of gray and a high gloss top protective coat. (Wooo….sitting in the house, I could smell the strong fumes coming from the garage. It looks great but I don’t know why they didn’t faint while applying the paint – brutal)
- Today they built lots of storage shelves in the office and around the garage. More work must still be done to finish off the large work bench
- Still to come is the hoist. Its on order. ( Note the lighting around the horst area. It looks like an art gallery)
I’m sure Warren is more than anxious to move his cars into the new facilities . For the last two weeks, his poor olds has been sitting outside, exposed to all the elements. It has never been treated like that before.
Next step: move in the furniture into Warren’s office area. He has a couch, desk, two mini frigs and lots of framed pictures and memorabilia. He’s talking now about a big screen TV. Will I ever see him again?
This is the sign above the door to Warren’s office. Says it all…..